Sunday, May 24, 2009

Abductors in Taman Desa

Ed Note:  I hope someone in the Prime Ministers Department takes note of this, especially since the malaysian police seems to ignore such incidents!



Dear Friends

Yesterday night I had a most terrifying experience of my life. This happened in Taman Desa right in front of my home.

It was around 9.50pm, I was in my bedroom just stepped out from a shower when I heard a scream (my first thought was my niece (who lives with me) or my daughter in trouble) and immediately drew my window curtains to check what was happening.

I saw my niece, 2 men (tall and perhaps around 20+ to 30s years old) grabbling with her right in front of my house. A dark coloured vehicle was waiting right there.  I did the most natural thing and shouted at them. I saw them jumping into their vehicle and drove off.

We could only thank God they did not succeed in abducting her.  One could only imagine the worst.  She sufferred bruises all over her body.

She had parked her car in front of the house and just alighted from the car when  all of a sudden the vehicle drove up to her (lights not on), stopped, two men rushed out of the vehicle, pushed her, she fell, they tried to grab her, one was holding her legs and the other trying the get to her.  There was a 3rd abductor waiting at the wheel.

She remembered her friend's advice and screamed with all her might and resisting them. The guy ( she saw a Malay) even punched her nose, I believe to stop her from screaming. Fortunately the space was small for them to move in because my car (also parked there) and particularly there was a steel cable at the scene which obstructed the 2nd guy to get to her. I believe they gave up after hearing my shouts but they took her handbag which already dropped on the ground earlier when she fell.

This mail is to warn others ... the vehicle is a dark colour Toyota Estima. One of the abductor's watch and slipper (expensive stuff) were found at the scene which we handed over to the police.

Another comment about the attitude of our Malaysian police, which everyone already knows.. I called the Police  no. which was on my handphone. A man answered and I asked for his help to call the police station at Taman Desa so they may perhaps be able to chase the abductor's vehicle in time, but he told me irritatingly "pergi lah sana sendiri buat police report".  He could at least have helped gave me the tel. no. of the police depot in Taman Desa.. sigh.

Inspite of all the warnings from the internet my own niece was caught by this trick.  The vehicle parked a distance away
watching her  As soon as she came out of her car, they drove to abduct her.  All this need only take a minute and someone dear to you may be gone forever.

All I can say is be more vigilant and pray very very hard for our safety.

Cynthia

No comments: