Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Making The Best Out of Twitter

Learn from my mistakes. Only follow those whom you know or care about - basically those who matters to you. Don't go into a following frenzy and follow unnecessary people - its not worth it. Especially sales and marketing people. I used to follow Joel Comm and Steve Pohlit and others. And boy was I getting tonnes of useless updated from the them. Why would I ever want to know what Joel Comm's dog had for dinner? I don't give a rat's ass about his dog. I follow him for his supposedly Internet marketing ideas since I've purchased a few of his products. And Steve Pohlit keeps sending the same darn updates every day. He must be automating it because I don't think he's that stupid to manually type them in daily.

So, don't be a fool like how I was. Only follow the people who care about and want to learn from. Don't get me wrong, if you love to learn from sales people, go follow them. Just make sure their messages don't swamp the ones you really care about.

No comments: