Friday, March 27, 2009

A Personal Essay on the Virtues of Moissanite & Why You Should NEVER Buy a Diamond

I recently got engaged, and found myself in the market for a suitable engagement ring. Over the past few months, I've done quite a bit of research on diamonds and the diamond industry. What I learned, quite frankly, pissed me off.

This site is about two very simple truths: (1) diamonds are an incredible rip-off, and (2) a little known naturally-occuring gemstone called moissanite is superior to diamonds in every essential way: cut, color, clarity, durability, fire, brilliance, and cost.

I (obviously) don't work in the diamond industry. I don't work for anyone who sells moissanite. This site is simply a personal crusade to raise awareness among high-ticket jewelry purchasers (mostly men buying engagement rings) about moissanite and its many benefits vs. diamond.

If I can prevent a single reader from needlessly dropping $6,000-10,000 on a diamond engagement ring for his soon-to-be fiancée, this site will be a success. Financial worries are the #1 cause of stress in a married relationship - there is absolutely NO excuse to start your married life by taking on that level of debt.

If you're in the market for diamond jewelry, or think you may be soon, please take a few minutes to read through this site. I hope you learn something useful.

No comments: